Workforce Advancement Training Grants (WAT)
Over the past 10 years, WCTC’s Corporate Training Center (CTC) has secured nearly $5 million in funding to support training initiatives for Waukesha County employers - primarily through state funds received by the Wisconsin Technical College System’s Workforce Advancement Training (WAT) program.
WAT grants are designed to:
- Support your organization’s investment in the development of your workforce
- Improve business productivity
- Enhance your business’s overall competitiveness
These funds are awarded via a competitive process and typically support 50-70 percent of training costs for businesses looking to enhance organizational culture, long-term viability and the technical/leadership skills of their workforce.
CTC has applied for funding to benefit businesses interested in advancing the skills of their frontline and upper management leaders and their continuous improvement efforts.
Trainings supported by the grant will include:
- Project management
- Change management
- Fundamental and accelerated leadership training
- Lean Six Sigma methodologies