Individualized Technical Studies
60-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Code 10-825-1
If you have specific career objectives that are not met by any one WCTC degree, this flexible program is for you. With help from college representatives and an industry mentor, design a unique associate degree that combines courses from two or more exisiting WCTC programs.
You may be an ideal candidate for this degree if you:
- Have five or more years of professional work experience.
- Know the specific skills needed to achieve your career goals and meet your employer's needs.
- Believe that courses from two or more existing WCTC programs will help you achieve your career goals.
- Have an employer willing to serve as an occupational mentor and assist in course selection.
How Long It Will Take
Time to complete this program varies based on the individualized curriculum plan.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting. Evening, accelerated and hybrid/online classes may also be available.
What Makes This Program Unique
- You must obtain and work with an occupational mentor who will work with WCTC staff to design an industry-specific program that meets both your and your employer's needs.
- This program is completely customizable. Examples include:
- Criminal Justice Management: courses from Criminal Justice and Business Management.
- Childcare Administration: courses from Early Childhood Education and Business Management.
- General studies courses include social science, behavioral science, math or science, and communication.
- Technical coursework must include courses from at least two separate existing WCTC programs.
- Each student's customized curriculum must be approved prior to program admission. For program requirements, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply and receive curriculum approval by contacting Cara Bowman at 262.695.6526.
- Pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2020 Start
- Submit application by August 3, 2020
- Complete checklist items by August 10, 2020
Spring 2021 Start
- Submit application by January 5, 2021
- Complete checklist items by January 11, 2021
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
Annual salaries vary.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
This program is completely customizable. Some examples include:
- Criminal Justice Management: Courses from Criminal Justice and Business Management.
- Childcare Administration: Courses from Early Childhood Education and Business Management.
Whether you’re a high school student interested in earning college credits or a college student interested in transferring to a four-year university after graduation, our dual-enrollment and transfer-credit agreements will help you take the next step in your education and career.
High School Dual Credits
Dual enrollment offers offers high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to get
a head start in high-demand fields through earning college credits.
Learn about the credit options.
Transfer Opportunities After WCTC
WCTC has credit transfer agreements with many four-year institutions that allow our degree graduates to transfer credits into a baccalaureate program, often at junior-level standing.
|College||Program Name||Credit Awards|
|Franklin University||Any Bachelors Degree||Junior Standing|
|Grand Canyon University||Any Bachelors||10% tuition discount|
|Mount Mary University||Bachelor Degree||Junior Standing|
|Ottawa University||Bachelor of Arts or Sciences||up to 80, and 35%+ tuition discount for WCTC grads|
|UW-Green Bay||Organizational Leadership - Bachelor of Applied Studies||Block of 60 credits|
|UW-Stout||BS Management (100% online)||up to 60|
|UW-Stout||BS Career, Technical Education & Training (100% online)||up to 60|
- Contact the school to which you'd like to transfer to make sure you understand its transfer policy.
- Talk to your WCTC program advisor about your intent to transfer so he/she can help you plan.
- If you're transferring within the University of Wisconsin (UW) System, contact your desired institution about its transfer policy and visit the UW System's transfer resource page.