- Admission is restricted to those who qualify under Wisconsin Department of Justice
- Candidates must possess at least 60 college credits, undergo a criminal history and
driver record check, successfully complete a medical examination by a licensed health
care provider and participate in a personal screening interview.
- Recruits are responsible for the cost of a weapon, magazines and other related duty
gear in addition to tuition and study materials.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a United States citizen
- Be of good moral character
- Have achieved at least 60 fully-accredited college credits
- Possess a valid Wisconsin driver's license or other such valid operator's permit recognized
by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation as authorizing operation of a motor
- Successfully pass a physical readiness test
- Complete a criminal history records check
- Complete a DJ-LE 327 Application
- Complete an oral interview with a panel
- Undergo FBI fingerprinting (only done if accepted in Academy)
- Undergo a medical assessment (only done if accepted in Academy)
1. Physical Readiness Test
The test will be conducted at YMCA of Greater Waukesha County. View the entrance and
exit physical fitness standards. Test results are only good for 6 months so schedule the assessment no more than
180 days from the start date of the academy.
- Contact the YMCA business office at 262.542.2557 to set up an appointment. You will
pay the $50 fee over the phone. Should you not pass, you can schedule another appointment
for another day and are required to pay another fee.
- Bring the following to your appointment:
- Upon completion of the test YMCA staff will forward passing results only to WCTC.
- WCTC will prepare a certificate of successful completion and email it to you within
two (2) weeks.
- This certificate is required for your Wisconsin Police Academy application packet.
2. Complete Application Packet
Mail or email the following required documents prior to the application deadline (late applications
will not be accepted) to:
Jodi R. Crozier, Academy Director
WCTC - Recruit Academy
800 Main Street, W-120
Pewaukee, WI 53072
- Copy of driver's license
- Official college transcripts (if sending from an outside vendor, please put Attn:
- Copy of high school diploma or high school transcripts
- Copy of your Physical Readiness Test Certificate (PRT)
- Print completed DJ-LE 327 Application for enrollment in training
Email the following required documents prior to the application deadline (late applications
will not be accepted) to Maureen Ashenfelter:
Do not include any other items, except for those mentioned above and do not answer
questions in section 6 of the application packet. Handwritten documents not accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or accepted.
3. Program Acceptance
- Completed applications will be reviewed and those chosen will be invited to interview
with a panel of criminal justice executives.
- Those accepted in the program will be notified approximately 5-6 weeks prior to the
start of training.
- If accepted to the academy, you will also need to complete a medical assessment and
undergo a FBI fingerprint check.