Child Care Administrator Credential (Wisconsin)
18-credit Technical Certificate
Program Code 40-307-CC
Take an in-depth look at effective leadership in early childhood settings. Explore topics including organizational management, administration, policy, marketing, financing, child development and advocacy in the early childhood field.
How Long It Will Take
Students can complete this program in one year.
You can begin this program in the fall, spring or summer.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered via online instruction.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Program students can obtain the Administrator Credential from The Registry at Career Level 10.
- This certificate is ideal for current early childhood education administrators and staff, or family child care providers looking for practical information on administrative roles.
- This credential meets licensing and Registry requirements for administering a child care center.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
Financial Aid Eligibility
This certificate does not qualify for financial aid. To qualify for most federal financial aid, a student must be enrolled in a technical diploma or associate degree program. Questions? Contact your program advisor.
The cost of your certificate depends on the number of total credits. Learn more about tuition and fees.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How to Get Started
- Prospective certificate students do not need to complete an application for admission to WCTC.
- First semester students may register during Open Registration for General Public.
- Prerequisite and program restrictions may apply.
- After the start of their first class, students must declare their intent to complete a certificate.
- Certificate students are eligible to receive priority registration for their second semester.