English as a Second Language
Welcome! If your native language is a language other than English, WCTC offers several courses to prepare you for college-level coursework in English and help you communicate effectively at home, at work and in the community.
ESL: Basic Education (Waukesha Campus)
ESL Levels 1 – 6 (Beginning to Advanced)
- No cost
- Day and evening classes
- Listening/speaking, reading, writing/grammar
- Individual help and computer-assisted instruction
- Emphasis on functioning successfully in the community, workplace and higher education
Testing and Registration
- Testing and registration for new students is required.
- Call 262.695.6500 to place your name on the registration and testing list.
- Plan on spending three hours to complete the process.
- If classes are filled, we will add your name to a waiting list.
ESL: Preparation for Occupational Programs
Practice workplace communication, explore careers and take advantage of ESL instruction related to the tools and terminology of the field. Programs include healthcare, welding and nail technician.
These classes may only be offered one semester a year. Call 262.695.6500 for current course offerings.
ESL: College Level (Pewaukee Campus)
College ESL is geared for advanced ESL students preparing for or already enrolled in WCTC classes. College ESL classes are offered at the Pewaukee Campus Student Enrichment Center for a small fee. A language assessment is required. After registering, call 262.691.5311 to schedule an appointment.