WCTC is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Accreditation means that WCTC has met standards for educational and institutional quality by providing evidence for the following HLC Criteria:
The institution's mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution's operations.
- Integrity: Ethical and Responsible Conduct
The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
- Teaching and Learning: Quality, Resources and Support
The institution provides high-quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
- Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement
The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
- Resources, Planning and Institutional Effectiveness
The institution’s resources, structures and processes are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities. The institution plans for the future.
The Higher Learning Commission does not provide program accreditation. However, several WCTC programs have received independent accreditations and approvals from other agencies as detailed below.
Many programs at WCTC receive independent accreditations that apply specific standards for curricula and course content.
- Culinary Management: accredited by the American Culinary Federation Accrediting Commission
- Nursing - Associate Degree program: accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Dental Hygienist program: accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Medical Assistant program: accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Surgical Technology program: accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Physical Therapy Assistant program: accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- Radiography program: accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiology
- Health Information Technology program: accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education
- Paramedic Technician program: accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the EMS Professions
- Electrical Engineering Technology program: accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc.
Several of WCTC’s other occupational programs have received external approval from various governmental and non-governmental agencies as well as consistent support and recognition from the instructional program advisory committees.
- National Institute for Automotive Service Education
- Dynamics is certified by the Department of Transportation as an authorized site
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation
- Motorcycle class graduates certified by Department of Transportation
- American Heart Association approves CPR, ACLS, PALS and HeartSaver portions of all programs
- Central Service Program approved by International Association of Hospital Central Service Management
- Emergency Medical Technician courses/programs and Nursing Assistant approved by Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- The Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services has approved WCTC as comprehensive program for Substance Abuse Disorder/AODA training
- Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement Academy graduates are certified by the Training and Standards Bureau (Department of Justice)
- Various Firefighting courses are certified through the WTCE (which are subsequently accredited by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress
- Fire Protection Technician program is recognized as an approved/compliant program by the National Fire Academy’s Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education program
- Wisconsin Board of Nursing
- Wisconsin Technical College System