Tuition Refund Policy
You are responsible for all tuition and fees. To qualify for a refund or credit, you must drop the course before the start date or during the refund period. Please note:
- If you are dropped by your instructor for non-attendance, you must contact Registration for a refund within the refund period.
- If you do not contact Registration during the refund period, you will be responsible for full payment.
- WCTC will issue refunds for courses that are canceled by the College.
- Refunds of credit balances are processed by check unless you set up a payment profile and elect to have electronic refunds processed through Student Account Center (login to MyWCTC and click on “My Account”).
- Refunds less than $10 are processed at the end of the term.
- There is a $3 processing fee for refunds.
- The admissions application fee is non-refundable.
WCTC processes refunds according to the Wisconsin Technical College System refund policy. The refund amount is based on the date of official drop, course start date and course duration.
Refunds are based on a course’s total potential hours of instruction completed. Potential hours are calculated at 12 a.m. for the current day.
|% of Hours Completed||Refund|
|Through 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the class start date||100%|
|Prior to 11% of the total course meetings||80%|
|From 11% through 20% of the total course meetings||60%|
More than 20% of course meetings
Dropping a degree course during this time will result in a "W" (withdrawn) on your record. You may drop a credit course up to the 80% completion date of the total course meetings. After that date, you will receive a grade equivalent to what was earned for the course. See Grading Policy.
If you drop one course and add another during the 80 percent refund period, you will receive 100 percent credit for the tuition and fees of the dropped course IF the add and drop are done at the same time. This needs to be handled in person or by phone with the Registration office.
Tuition Refund Appeals
Tuition appeals are considered on rare occasions for legitimate extenuating circumstances — situations beyond your control. These may include serious illness or hospitalization of you or your immediate family, death of an immediate family member, military activation or deployment. A tuition refund appeal is granted at the discretion of the College.
To qualify for an exception, you must submit a Tuition Appeal form, along with supporting documentation, for review no later than two weeks prior to the course or semester end date. For more information, please call 262.691.5283 or email Student Billing.