New Student Orientation
Congratulations, and welcome to the WCTC family! Your next step is to attend New Student Orientation (NSO). New Student Orientation is required for all newly admitted program students (new, transferring and returning). At NSO, you'll:
- Plan and register for your first semester courses.
- Discover WCTC's academic support, student support and college resources.
- Connect with key faculty and staff to learn more about program expectations.
There is no cost to attend NSO, and the session lasts two to four hours (including class registration time).
Registering for NSO
First, you will need:
- Your WCTC username and password. The default password is your Student ID, unless you logged in and changed it. Call 262.691.5555 if you have trouble.
- Upload a headshot picture with our MyPhoto app. If you skip this step, you will not receive a student ID at NSO. Stop by the Service Desk during business hours to get yours.
- Choose an earlier NSO session for best course selection. Registration for courses is on a first-come, first-served basis, and high-demand courses can fill quickly. Questions? Please call Registration at 262.691.5566.
- If you sign up for a session and then can't make it, please call the Student Development office at 262.691.5302 to reschedule.
Students Exempt from NSO
You may be exempt from attending NSO if you're simply adding or changing a program, have graduated from WCTC within the past two years, or are participating in one of the following programs:
- Early Childhood Education - Blended Options
- EMS Leadership and Management
- Fire Medic
- Foundations of Teacher Education
- Human Services Associate - Blended Options
- Import/Export Specialist
- Paramedic Technician (Degree)
- Paramedic Technician (Diploma)
WCTC is dedicated to providing equal access to students at all campus events. To request accommodations, including services for Deaf/Hard of Hearing, please contact Student Accessibility at 262.691.5318 one week or more prior to your orientation session.