COVID-19 Resources for Students
Campus Reopening Plan
Beginning Monday, August 3, 2020, WCTC will reopen for the fall semester. This reopening applies to students, staff and faculty at both the Pewaukee and Waukesha campuses. We have worked diligently to develop a plan that will provide for the health, safety and security of our campus community. View our full WCTC Readiness Plan, and continue to watch this webpage for the most current information.
We humbly ask for your patience as we work through the reopening of the College. Please understand that these guidelines, rules and processes may need to be modified as we start learning and working on campus again.
Updated 8/4/20 at 9:20 a.m.
- All students are required to wear masks that cover the nose and mouth at all times when inside campus buildings. You are welcome to bring your own mask, or you can use the cotton, pleated, washable masks provided by WCTC.
- If you are unable to wear a face mask for medical reasons, please contact Chris Daood, Dean of Student Support, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262.691.5314.
- All students enrolled in fall 2020 classes have been emailed a Self-Acknowledgment Form that defines ways we can all contribute to keeping WCTC students and employees healthy. Please sign this form if you have not already done so.
- We ask that you maintain at least six feet of physical distance from others at all times, especially in communal areas or in any group setting.
- Signs have been posted throughout campus noting restrictions and precautions.
Cleaning on Campus
- Restrooms will continue to receive extra cleaning.
- Classrooms will be cleaned between classes and labs, whenever possible.
- Ultraviolet (UV) filters have been added to ventilation systems.
- Electrostatic sanitizing of areas will be completed when staff and students are not present.
To promote campus health, please consider the following:
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze using a tissue or the crook of your arm.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes or mouth.
Notices will be posted in restrooms across the Pewaukee and Waukesha campuses regarding personal care and hygiene. Please read signage and follow recommendations to keep yourself and others healthy.
We encourage staff and students to reconsider non-essential personal and business travel. COVID-19 is spreading rapidly. All students are strongly encouraged to take steps to protect themselves from illness. If you do choose to travel domestically or internationally, regardless of advisory level, a higher risk of infection is possible as well as a higher likelihood of self-isolation when you return.
Updated 8/4/20 at 9:20 a.m.
- Buildings will be open and accessible by using your WCTC ID card (myCard).
- Students will have access to buildings from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m Monday through Friday. Weekend building access is determined by class schedules.
- The Welcome Center entrance (College Center Atrium) will be staffed from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday.
- All elevators on campus are restricted to one occupant at a time.
- The Service Desk and Bookstore will be open to students, staff and faculty during
the following hours:
- Service Desk:
- Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Student Enrichment Center:
- Monday, Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- The public will not have access to the Student Enrichment Center, Service Desk or Bookstore.
- Service Desk:
Enhanced systems are in place for disinfecting, cleaning and sanitizing food service areas, communal areas and high-touch surfaces. Food service employees will be wearing personal protective equipment, and social distancing markers have been placed throughout dining areas. Learn more at: https://safe-cafe.com/aladdin/
- Food service in the Hub will reopen the week of August 3 with summer hours: 7:30 a.m.-1
- From August 17 on, Hub hours are 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday.
- The cafes will reopen the week of August 17, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday.
- All food will be prepackaged, with the exception of items from the grill. The grill menu has been streamlined for faster in/out times. No self-service items will be available.
- Vending machines have been restocked and will be maintained.
Events and Activities
No external events will be held on either campus for the remainder of the calendar year, through December 31, 2020.
Please monitor your WCTC email and Canvas for any communication from faculty and the College so you can be aware of any changes made to any course you are taking. Make sure you are signed up for WCTC Alerts to be notified about important WCTC announcements. WCTC Alerts are found under My Applications on the MyWCTC portal.
Updated 8/4/20 at 9:20 a.m.
Class Schedule Changes
Classes will be delivered in various ways to support student learning and keep people safe. Check your fall schedule for details about your class. Many faculty are reaching out to students to provide details about classes, so check your WCTC email and Canvas regularly. Please reach out to your academic department or academic advisor with questions.
WCTC has created a Canvas support course to help you be successful in your online courses. WCTC professionals are available to provide live support to help you with Canvas tools and online learning strategies.
To join the Canvas support course, follow this invitation link, log into Canvas, then accept the invitation to join the WCTC Student Canvas Support course on your Dashboard.
Last Day to Withdraw Extension
To provide some flexibility during the pandemic, the last day to withdraw from a class for summer and fall is one week prior to the last day of the course. Please talk with your instructor and/or your advisor before dropping a course.
This temporary withdrawal policy recognizes that student learning may be impacted by the change in a course's instructional delivery and the unexpected life demands as a result of COVID-19.
If you would like to withdraw from your course, please fill out a drop/withdrawal form or contact Registration at email@example.com. Not attending classes or informing an instructor of an intent to withdraw does not constitute an official course drop/withdrawal.
Updated 8/4/20 at 9:20 a.m.
CARES Act Federal Funding
WCTC has received funding from the federal government through the CARES Act that will
be allocated 100% to support students. Eligible students will receive an email with
eligibility requirements and instructions on how to apply. Learn more.
View the latest emergency grant reporting information.
Student Direct Deposit
To expedite payment of financial aid funds or fees from dropped courses, sign up now for direct deposit to your bank account. Visit your Student Account Center on MyWCTC, then choose "My Profile," then "Electronic Refunds." WCTC will still process these payments according to our regular schedule.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose not to sign up for direct deposit, we will continue issuing paper checks via USPS when necessary.
Updated 8/4/20 at 10:45 a.m.
Electronic Device Rental Program
The Bookstore's device rental pilot has been expanded to all students. The Bookstore is now offering the following rentals:
|Device with Accessories||Retail Price (including accessories)||Semester Rental|
|7th Generation iPad with Smart Keyboard, UAG hardshell case and AppleCare+||$700||$100|
|MacBook Air with carrying case and AppleCare+||$1,200||$200|
|16" MacBook Pro with carrying case and AppleCare+||$2,600||$400|
|Dell Latitude with carrying case and Safeware||$1,400||$200|
|Dell Precision with carrying case and Safeware||$2,500||$400|
Students have the ability to rent-to-own any of the above devices. Students can buy out the rental by paying the difference of the retail price less the amount of paid rental fees. Devices are recycled back into the rental program if a student chooses not to purchase it. Semester rental price is per 16-week semester.
Students can use financial aid to pay for rental fees. Students can also apply through the Financial Aid office for special electronic device funding available through the WCTC Foundation or for Federal CARES Act funding.
This rental program meets the needs of students by lowering upfront costs for a device and by providing the hardware required to run Apporto (digital backpack) access to complete coursework successfully.
How to Use Zoom for Virtual Meetings
All currently enrolled program students have a Zoom account. If you are not enrolled in a program and did not receive an invitation, you will still be able to be invited to a Zoom meeting by WCTC faculty and staff. To set up Zoom for the first time:
- Visit https://wctc.zoom.us. and click "Sign In."
- Use your WCTC username and password to log in.
Questions? Contact the WCTC Service Desk at 262.691.5555 or email email@example.com (be sure to include your WCTC username and phone number in your email).
Emergency Internet Access Options
- The WCTC Library has limited mobile Wi-Fi hotspots available with one-week loan periods.
- Public Service Commission of Wisconsin: This independent regulatory agency dedicated to serving the public interest provides a list of emergency internet resources for consumers that shows coverage maps, info and links for dozens of service providers across the state.
- EveryoneOn: Enter your ZIP code to find free or affordable internet service options; updated to reflect offers in response to COVID-19.
- Expanded Wi-Fi access in the WCTC parking lot: Available daily from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. See map below for Wi-Fi locations.
Last updated 5/7/2020, 3:30 p.m.
Student Support Contact Information
Not sure who to contact? Call 262.691.5566 for support.
- Planning for course registration and graduation
- Program-specific questions and concerns
- Resources and referrals for campus supports
- Virtual and on-campus support for math, english, reading, science, ESL, general studies and program courses
- Business Health Technology and Canvas support
- Virtual peer tutoring
- Adding or changing to a new program
- Transfer credit
- Veterans benefits, including priority registration
- Veterans financial assistance
- Ordering your books
- Books and materials are being shipped to students
- Appointments available via Zoom or phone for career exploration, internships and employment services
- More resources, workshops and employers hiring available online
- Confidential mental health counseling via Zoom or phone
- Community and online resources online
- Completing the FAFSA
- Emergency financial assistance
- Veterans benefits
- Free virtual group fitness classes via Zoom
- Variety of on-demand videos to workout anytime
- Access online resources through Canvas
- Complete online waiver and email firstname.lastname@example.org for access
- Research help (including APA citation style) in person and by chat, phone, email and Zoom
- Limited mobile Wi-Fi hotspots with one-week loan periods
- Access to digital resources, including reserves and interlibrary loan
- Study space, computer access, printers, scanners and more
- Liaison between schools, families and community to address barriers to academic achievement
- Assistance with admissions, placement testing, financial aid and scholarship applications
- One-on-one case management
- Appointments available via Zoom
- Multicultural Student Mentoring Program and diversity programming
- Registering and/or paying for courses
- Troubleshooting registration errors
- Transcript ordering
- Applying for graduation
- Accommodations for a documented disability
- Support for assistive technology
- Troubleshooting accessibility concerns
- Upcoming Student Government Association and MRC virtual events and activities
- Online New Student Orientation
- Graduation ceremony updates
- Food pantry resources
- Phone line open 24/7
- If emailing, include your phone number for call back
- Create a ticket from the myWCTC portal with MyServiceSuite
- Search the MyServiceSuite knowledge base
- Use myChat on the myWCTC portal
- Help understanding testing options, test preparation resources and test registration
- Limited testing available in person and remotely
Last updated 7/30/2020 at 3:25 p.m.
The Bookstore is reopening August 3 in its regular location (Building B, Room B-104) and will be open Monday-Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Bookstore is also open Saturday, August 15 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. All store patrons must wear a face mask and follow social distancing guidelines.
Schedule Your Arrival Time
We strongly encourage all patrons to schedule a time to visit the Bookstore in person, even if you are only picking up an order. This will help us manage the number of people inside the store at any given time. Schedule a time online.
Fall Textbooks and Financial Aid
Fall textbooks and course materials are available Monday, August 3. Simply click "Find My Books" here, on the Bookstore website, the WCTC mobile app or the myWCTC portal under "Registration and Courses."
Financial aid is available on myCards for use in the Bookstore from Monday, August 10 through Friday, September 4. The last day textbooks and rentals are eligible for a full refund is Friday, September 4.
Free Shipping and Order Pickup
The Bookstore is extending free shipping for all online orders through Friday, September 4. In-store and curbside pickup are also available. Please wait until you receive email confirmation that your order is ready and schedule a time to pick up your order.
Curbside parking spots are not located just south of the College Center entrance near the flagpoles. Please bring a photo ID, and call 262.691.5304 and select option 6 to let us know when you arrive.
Third-party Payment Information
If any student has their employer or a third party paying for their textbooks and/or course materials, please email email@example.com to receive instructions for purchasing online.
Last updated 8/5/20 at 1 p.m.
Campus Cupboard bags are available in the Student Development Office (C-119) Monday-Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Students may also pick up a Campus Cupboard bag at the Welcome Center, located in the main College Center atrium on Thursdays from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. or Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Questions? Contact Student Development at 262.691.5302.
Below you will find several additional resources for assistance with food needs. Please call ahead to confirm current hours.
There have been many rule changes to FoodShare, or SNAP, in Wisconsin that are increasing the eligibility for individuals statewide. If you were previously not eligible for FoodShare or have not applied for FoodShare before, you may be eligible now!
- Hunger Task Force has created an Apply For FoodShare Webpage with FAQs, a walk-through application guide and more.
- You can apply for FoodShare online or via phone.
- Due to the increased call volume, please expect longer wait times to speak with a FoodShare assistant over the phone. You are highly encouraged to apply and manage your case online or by downloading the MyACCESS mobile app.
Food Pantry of Waukesha County
1301 Sentry Drive, Waukesha, WI
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 3-5 p.m.
The Salvation Army - Waukesha
445 Madison Street, Waukesha, WI
Food pantry located at the rear of the building
Tuesday-Wednesday, 1-4 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m.-Noon
Community Meal Program (to-go meals) available Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, 5-5:40 p.m.
The Hope Center - Waukesha
502 N East Avenue, Waukesha, WI
Serving meals in to-go containers
Monday-Friday at 9 a.m. and Noon
Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5:30 p.m.
Hartland Food Pantry
229 Lawn St Drive · Hartland, WI
Must reside in the Hartland-Arrowhead School District
Limit 2 visits per month
Wednesday, 1:30-3 p.m.
Saturday 10-11 a.m.
Oconomowoc Area Emergency Food Pantry
W359 N5848 Brown Street (Hwy P), Oconomowoc, WI
262.567.7054 or 262.567.4608
Must reside in the Oconomowoc Area School District
Tuesday and Thursday, 1:30-2:30 p.m. and 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Saturday, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Muskego Food Pantry
S81 W19150 Apollo Drive, Muskego, WI
Thursday, 1-5:30 p.m.
Mukwonago Food Pantry
325 Eagle Lake Avenue · Mukwonago, WI
Call upon arrival to provide name and address.
All food has been pre-bagged and will be loaded into cart outside back exit door. Please return cart after loading your food.
Monday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Tuesday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Wednesday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
New Berlin Food Pantry
14750 W Cleveland Avenue, New Berlin, WI
Wednesday, Noon-5 p.m.
Pewaukee Food Pantry
642 Main Street, Pewaukee, WI
Located inside Gethsemane United Methodist Church
Wednesday and Saturday, 10-11 a.m.
Sussex Food Pantry
N63 W23626 Silver Spring Drive, Sussex, WI
All food has been pre-bagged and distributed via drive-thru.
Bagged lunch and breakfast items for children ages 18 and under available daily from 11 a.m. to noon.
Monday, 5:30-7 p.m.
Wednesday, 1-2:30 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m.-Noon
Menomonee Falls Area Food Pantry
N85 W15382 Menomonee River Parkway, Menomonee Falls, WI
Must reside in Menomonee Falls, Lannon, Colgate, Hubertus, Richfield, Butler, Brookfield or Germantown - Please being ID.
Pre-bagged food will be placed into trunks.
Tuesday and Thursday, Noon-2 p.m. and 5-7 p.m.
Watertown Food Pantry
204 N Tenth Street, Watertown, WI
Monday and Friday, 10 a.m.-Noon
Tuesday and Thursday, 1-3 p.m.
Wednesday, Noon-2 p.m.
Whitewater Community Food Pantry
146 W North Street, Whitewater, WI
Wednesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-Noon
Mayville Food Pantry
113 N Clark Street, Mayville, WI
Every other Tuesday, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Elkhorn Food Pantry
14 W Geneva Street, Elkhorn, WI
Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9-11 a.m.
Waupun Area Food Pantry
12 S Mill Street, Waupun, WI
Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Walworth County Food Pantry
205 E Commerce Court, Elkhorn, WI
Friday, 1-4 p.m.
Saturday, 9-11 a.m.
Ashippun Bread Basket Food Pantry
W2445 Oak Street, Ashippun, WI
Thursday, 6-7 p.m.
Saturday, 9-10:30 a.m.
Beaver Dam Community Food Pantry
134 S Spring Street, Beaver Dam, WI
Tuesday and Thursday, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Waterloo/Marshall Food Pantry
117 E Madison Street, Waterloo, WI
Wednesday, 7-8 p.m.
Saturday, 9-10 a.m.
Finding Food Pantries in Milwaukee
- Use the 211 Wisconsin website to find a food pantry in your neighborhood.
- Call Impact at 2-1-1, which can connect you to food pantries and meal programs. You can also text your ZIP code to TXT-211.
- Capuchin Community Services runs several food pantries in the Milwaukee area. Some of the locations include House of Peace, 1702 W. Walnut St.; Hope House, 209 W. Orchard St.; and more. View the full list of locations and times.
- Frieden Community Ministries has several food pantry locations, including the Coggs Center, 1220 W. Vliet St.; Despensa de la Paz, 1615 S. 22nd St.; Hope House, 209 W. Orchard St.; and Zion Rock, 10230 W. Fond du Lac Ave.
- Eastbrook Church is located at 5353 N Green Bay Ave. The food pantry is open Saturdays from 9:30-11:30 a.m. and Mondays from 6:30-8:30 p.m. For more information, call 414.228.5220, ext. 110.
- Interchange Food Pantry is located at 130 E. Juneau Ave. The food pantry is open Tuesdays 2-4 p.m., Wednesdays 4-6 p.m., Thursdays and Saturdays 9:30-11:30 a.m. For more information, call 414.551.2184 or visit their Facebook page.
- Riverwest Food Pantry is located at 924 E. Clarke St. The food pantry is open Tuesdays 4:30-6:30 p.m. and Saturdays 8:30-10:30 a.m. For more information, call 414.301.1478, or visit their Facebook page.
- The Gathering of Southeast Wisconsin is providing to-go bag lunches at all of its meal sites during this crisis until
- Monday, Friday and Saturday: Bagged to-go breakfasts are distributed from 8:30-9:30 a.m., and Saturday bagged to-go lunches are distributed from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Running Rebels, 1300 W Fond du Lac Ave.
- Monday, Wednesday and Saturday: Bagged to-go dinners are distributed from 4:30-5:30 p.m. and Saturday bagged to-go lunches are distributed from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Christian Faith Fellowship East, 724 S Layton Blvd.
- Saturday: Bagged to-go lunches are distributed from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Our Next Generation, 3421 W. Lisbon Ave.
- Second and fourth Saturdays: Bagged to-go lunches are distributed from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Mt. Carmel Lutheran Church, 8424 W Center St.
Find additional food pantry locations throughout Milwaukee County and the surrounding areas using this food pantry locator.
- CDC Handwashing Guide
- COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment – CDC
- COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
- COVID-19 Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Waukesha County Public Health Department
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.