Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Last updated 5/15/2020, 4 p.m.
All Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC) campus facilities will close beginning at 5 p.m. on March 17, 2020. WCTC is tentatively planning to reopen on June 1, 2020. This webpage will continue to be updated with the most current information.
Beginning June 1, 2020, WCTC will begin limited operations on both the Pewaukee and Waukesha campuses. These limited operations will be restricted primarily to lab components of classroom work to finish the spring 2020 semester, along with the start and completion of the summer 2020 term.
Important Updates for WCTC Students and Staff
- Student Updates and Resources
- Staff Updates and Resources
- CARES Act Student Grant Funding
- Emergency Grant Reporting
Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC) continues to monitor the spread of the respiratory disease COVID-19, or coronavirus. This includes the review of resources and guidance provided by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever and respiratory issues, which can appear two to 14 days after initial exposure. Coronavirus spread easily and causes mild illness in most people. People become infected by inhaling respiratory droplets from an infected person’s cough or sneeze, or by touching contaminated surfaces like door handles. WCTC is following guidance provided by state and federal public health agencies related to cleanliness of facilities.
- CDC Handwashing Guide
- COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment – CDC
- COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
- COVID-19 Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Questions? Contact email@example.com.