Sign Up for a Corporate Training Center Workshop
To register for this class, please contact Nichole Liesener at 262.695.7828.
|Course Title||Certified Medication Assistant|
|Date(s)||January 20, January 27, February 3, February 10, February 17, February 24, March 3, March 10, March 17, and March 18, 2022 (Clinical will take place between March 17-April 24)|
|Time||8:00 am-4:00 pm|
|Location||WCTC Corporate Training Center (Q-Building) 800 Main Street, Pewaukee WI 53072|
This competency-based certificate is designed for certified Nursing Assistants who will, upon completion, be involved with administration/distribution of medications to residents in a skilled care nursing facility. This is a contracted course that is only offered in collaboration with your employer.
This 108-hour program consists of 66 hours of classroom and skills, two hours of practicum and 40 hours of clinical. The first 11 weeks are held on WCTC campus or on site with your employer. After successfully completing the lecture and lab portion, the 40 clinical hours take place in the employer's facility with an RN from the facility acting as a preceptor.
To register for this course, the participant and their employer must provide the following:
1) Recommendation by Administrator (completed by employer)
2) Recommendation by Preceptor (completed by employer)
3) Recommendation by two Long Term Care Staff Nurses (completed by employer)
4) Course prerequisites (transcripts, ACT scores or ACCUPLACER test scores) (completed by student and sent to admissions)
5) High School Diploma (completed by student and sent in with application)
6) Authorization to Release information to the sponsoring institution (completed by student)
To learn more visit our website: https://www.wctc.edu/academics/programs-courses/programs/nursing-assistant/medication-assistant.php
Request an application or register: Nichole Liesener (262-695-7828) or firstname.lastname@example.org
*All applications and forms must be turned in by January 6, 2022 *
** Travel expense fees will be added to program cost