Steps to Apply
Follow these five steps to become a WCTC student. Our friendly admissions staff is here to help with any questions you have along the way. Here’s how to get started:
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Request transcripts.
Send your official high school or GED/HSED, college and/or military transcripts to WCTC. Transcripts must arrive at WCTC in the original sealed envelope or from a verified electronic transcript delivery services.
Office of Admissions
800 Main Street
Pewaukee, WI 53072
- Complete a placement assessment, if required for your program.
You can demonstrate your reading, writing and/or math skills in one or more of the following ways:
- High school GPA of 2.60 or above within the last 15 years.
- Official ACT, ACCUPLACER®, Compass, Asset, GED Reasoning through Language Arts - 2014 Series (165 or higher), or TABE Advanced test results. Scores no older than five years are accepted.
- Prior college coursework may meet this requirement in whole or in part. Courses must be in the specific area(s), and you must have earned a grade of C or better (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) in the courses.
- If none of the above apply, sign up for the ACCUPLACER® placement test.
If you didn't meet the minimum demonstrated skill level required for a course in your program, don't worry. We have resources available to help you raise your scores or complete skill-building courses. The best part is, we can still get you started at WCTC!
- Complete additional program requirements.
Review your desired program's page for details.
- Keep an eye out for your acceptance letter!
We'll fill you in on next steps after you're accepted.
When is the earliest I can apply?
WCTC District Residents
- October 1 for the following fall semester (August start)
- April 1 for the following spring semester (January start)
- November 1 for the following fall semester (August start)
- May 1 for the following spring semester (January start)
Due to the high demand of some programs, be sure to check your program's webpage for important application deadlines.