New Student Orientation
Congratulations, and welcome to the WCTC family! New Student Orientation (NSO) is online and required for all newly admitted program students.
What to Expect
The orientation takes one hour or less to complete and can be completed on a computer, smartphone or tablet. NSO consists of seven main sections:
- Paying for College
- Student Services: Student ID cards (myCard) | Bookstore | Academic Support | Student Accessibility
- Student Life
- Student Policies and Procedures
- Technology: Email | Canvas | Office 365
- Academic Advising
Fall Start: Begin New Student Orientation >
Spring Start:New Student Orientation will be available here beginning October 1, 2021.
You will be prompted to log in when you begin orientation. Your default password is your student ID number, unless you have already changed it. Contact the Service Desk at 262.691.5555 if you need login assistance.
After completing New Student Orientation, you will receive your personalized New Student Advising Guide from your academic advisor within five business days. Your guide will be sent to your WCTC email address.
Please note: Completing New Student Orientation after August 9, 2021 may delay receipt of your New Student Advising Guide.
- Class Availability: Certain classes may be filled or have limited seats, as Fall Term 1 classes start the week of August 16, 2021. You may search your program courses and register once your orientation hold is lifted.
- Financial Aid Recipients: Confirm the status of your financial aid award or be prepared to set up a payment plan.
View the new student checklist for your next steps after course registration.
More to Know
You may be exempt from attending NSO if you're simply adding or changing a program, or have graduated from WCTC within the past two years.
WCTC is dedicated to providing equal access to all students. New Student Orientation includes videos with closed captioning. To request accommodations, please email Student Accessibility at SAO@wctc.edu or call 262.691.5318.
Questions? Contact Student Development: 262.691.5302 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Student Development Office, College Center, Room C-121