Transfer Credits from Other Colleges
How to Transfer Credits to WCTC
If you've completed coursework at another accredited college or university, you may be able to transfer those credits to WCTC. Follow these steps:
Apply for admission to one of WCTC's programs.
Request that your previous institution(s) send official transcripts directly to the WCTC Admissions Office.
- Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy veterans should request a Joint Services Transcript.
- Air Force veterans should request a transcript from Community College of the Air Force.
College coursework completed outside the United States must be submitted to an educational credentialing agency (such as Educational Credential Evaluators) for an official evaluation. WCTC will only accept course-by-course evaluation reports, and you must complete a placement assessment before we will consider transferring credit.
Review the email that is sent to your WCTC email account after we evaluate your transcripts. This generally occurs 2-3 weeks after we receive your transcripts.
Review credit awarded through your MyWCTC account in the "Academic Profile" box click "View Transcript."
- Only courses with a grade of "C" (2.0/4.0 scale) or better will be reviewed for transfer credit. Time limits may apply based on course and/or program requirements.
- You must complete 25 percent of your program coursework in residence at WCTC. For certificates of 12 credits or less, you must complete at least one of the certificate courses in residence. Transfer credits do not count as credits earned in residence.
- If you receive transfer credit, then you are exempt from taking the associated course.
- Transfer credit may affect veteran benefits and financial aid. Review the 150 percent maximum credit policy and consult with the Financial Aid Office for more information.
- If you wish to appeal your transfer evaluation, you must submit a written appeal with any supporting materials to the respective associate dean within 30 days of the initial evaluation.
- Transfer credit is not calculated in your grade point average.
You can explore credit transfer between the Wisconsin Technical College System and UW System at Transfer Wisconsin. Contact the receiving college/university directly to verify accuracy.