Credit by National Exams
Demonstrate your mastery of college-level material and earn WCTC credits by completing national exams from the following entities:
- AP – CollegeBoard Advanced Placement
- IB – International Baccalaureate
- CLEP – College Level Examination Program
- DSST – formerly DANTES Subject Standardized Tests
Steps to get started:
- Review the list of national exams approved for WCTC course credit and their required scores.
- Visit WCTC's Testing Center for CLEP/DSST preparation resources, fee information and to schedule your exams.
- Submit your official scores to WCTC Admissions for evaluation.
- You must complete at least 25 percent of your major subject area credits and 25 percent of the total credits required for your program in residence at WCTC.
- Credits earned from national exams are not calculated in your grade point average.
- If you receive credit by completing a national exam, then you are exempt from taking the associated course.
- Credits earned from national exams may affect veteran benefits and financial aid. Review the 150 percent maximum credit policy and consult with the Financial Aid Office for more information.
- Review credit awarded through your MyWCTC account in the “Academic Profile” box click “View Transcript."