Credit by National Exams
Demonstrate your mastery of college-level material and earn WCTC credits by completing national exams from the following entities:
- AP – CollegeBoard Advanced Placement
- IB – International Baccalaureate
- CLEP – College Level Examination Program
- DSST – formerly DANTES Subject Standardized Tests
Steps to get started:
Review the list of national exams approved for WCTC course credit and their required scores.
Visit WCTC's Testing Center for CLEP/DSST preparation resources, fee information and to schedule your exams.
Submit your official scores to WCTC Admissions for evaluation.
- You must complete 25 percent of your program coursework in residence at WCTC. For certificates of 12 credits or less, you must complete at least one of the certificate courses in residence. Credits awarded through national exams do not count as credits earned in residence.
- Credits earned from national exams are not calculated in your grade point average.
- If you receive credit by completing a national exam, then you are exempt from taking the associated course.
- Credits earned from national exams may affect veteran benefits and financial aid. Review the 150 percent maximum credit policy and consult with the Financial Aid Office for more information.
- Review credit awarded through your MyWCTC account in the “Academic Profile” box click “View Transcript."