Credit for Military Experience

You can earn credit for what you learned through courses completed and military occupations held during your service.

Transfer Credit

WCTC evaluates transcripts from the Joint Service Transcript (JST) system and the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) based on the recommendations by the American Council on Education (ACE), and we award transfer of credit when your military training meets your program requirements.

Steps to get started:

  1. Request that your official military transcripts be sent directly to the WCTC Admissions Office.

  2. Review the email sent to your WCTC email account with the results of your evaluation. This generally occurs one to three weeks after we receive your transcripts.

  3. Review credit awarded through your MyWCTC account in the "Academic Profile" box, then click "View Transcript."

    • The "TR" grade code indicates transfer credit awarded.

National Exams

WCTC's Testing Center is an official DANTES funded testing site for civil service personnel, qualified military personnel, and their spouses. Those who are eligible are not charged the test or proctor fees for CLEP and DSST exams. See the CollegeBoard eligibility guide to find out if you qualify for fee waiver.

Important Information

  • Only courses with a grade of “C” (2.0/4.0 scale) or better will be reviewed for transfer credit. Time limits may apply based on course and/or program requirements. 
  • If you receive credit, then you are exempt from taking the associated course.
  • If you wish to appeal your evaluation, you must submit a written appeal with any supporting materials to the respective associate dean within 30 days of the initial evaluation.
  • You must complete at least 25 percent of your program coursework in residence at WCTC. For Certificates of 12 credits or less, you must complete at least one of the certificate courses in residence. Credits awarded through military service do not count as credits earned in residence.
  • Credit awarded may affect veteran benefits and financial aid. Review the 150 percent maximum credit policy and consult with the Financial Aid office for more information.
  • Credits earned through transfer and national exams are not calculated in your grade point average.