Technical Teaching Training Certificate
WCTC and Carroll University have collaborated to create a unique new opportunity for area educators, the Technical Teaching Training Certificate.
Open to high school teachers and WCTC adjunct instructors in Waukesha County and the surrounding areas, this certificate aims to help expand the number of educators qualified to teach technical skills, as defined by the Higher Learning Commission. These skills may be taught as transcripted credit courses in area high schools or at WCTC.
- Program begins fall 2020 and ends summer 2021.
- You must enroll in at least 12 credits in a technical area at WCTC.
- You must concurrently enroll in three technical teaching graduate seminars at Carroll University.
- You may qualify to earn credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you have already acquired through advanced classes, previous college coursework, self-study, military training, work or volunteer experience. Learn more about credit for prior learning at WCTC.
Participants who successfully complete this program will be awarded a Technical Teaching Transcripted Course Credential from Carroll University.
The cost of your credential may vary by program and total number of credits. Thanks to the Wisconsin Fast Forward grant, up to $4,000 of your costs are already covered!
If you're interested in learning more, please attend one of our upcoming virtual information sessions! To attend, visit https://wctc.zoom.us and enter the corresponding meeting ID number for the session you are attending.
- Thursday, July 16 from Noon to 1:30 p.m. (Meeting ID: 978 5730 4990)
- Monday, July 20 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. (Meeting ID: 966 7625 5032)
How to Apply
Applications are due by August 14, 2020. Contact Mark Rzeznik at MRzeznik@wctc.edu or 262.695.3401 to get started.