Undercover Academy, Undercover Investigations (Module I)
September 8, 2020
8:00am - 4:30pm
Undercover investigations require unique skills and safety considerations that are not taught to the average Police Officer. This training will teach Officers the entire process of undercover work from organizing a safe operation to courtroom testimony.
In this course, Officers will learn how to:
- Effectively organize safe undercover and controlled drug buys
- Control situations while maintaining an undercover identity
- Safely plan and execute search warrants and buy busts
- Maximize the productivity of confidential informants
- Turn minor arrests into major drug seizures
- Properly document undercover actions in reports
- Preserve physical and mental wellbeing
- Testify effectively in court
It is recommended that Undercover Academy students also attend Module II: Surveillance & Team Tactics.