12-credit Technical Certificate
Program Code 40-115-CA
Develop the fundamentals of loan origination, loan processing, loan servicing and other real estate topics relating to mortgage lending. Explore basic concepts of real estate; develop skills in real estate mathematics, including mortgage coefficients and amortization schedules; and examine real estate law.
How Long It Will Take
Students can complete this program in two semesters.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting. Evening completion options are available.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Changes in the law following the financial crisis require all mortgage loan officers to be licensed as Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO).
- This short-term certificate program will prepare you to take the state Mortgage Loan Originator licensing exam.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may also have the opportunity to obtain credit for prior learning.
Financial Aid Eligibility
This certificate does not qualify for financial aid. To qualify for most federal financial aid, a student must be enrolled in a technical diploma or associate degree program. Questions? Contact your program advisor.
The cost of your certificate depends on the number of total credits. Learn more about tuition and fees.
How to Get Started
- Prospective certificate students do not need to complete an application for admission to WCTC.
- First semester students may register during Open Registration for General Public.
- Prerequisite and program restrictions may apply.
- After the start of their first class, students must declare their intent to complete a certificate.
- Certificate students are eligible to receive priority registration for their second semester.
High School Dual Credits
Dual enrollment offers high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to get a head
start in high-demand fields through earning college credits. Learn about the credit options.
Other Educational Opportunities
Laurie Carnahan | 262.691.5252