Introduction to Health Careers
8-credit Technical Certificate
Program Code 40-501-CA
Explore the various roles and responsibilities within the healthcare industry and discover potential careers that match your skills and interests. Develop the soft skills, organizational methods and self-management techniques of a successful health professional.
How Long It Will Take
Students can complete this program in two semesters.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting. Hybrid classes are available.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Technical courses within the certificate lead into two healthcare pathway technical diploma programs: Phlebotomy Technician and Medical Assistant.
- In addition to credit courses, you’ll participate in bridge support work, which aids in future learning by strengthening technical reading, writing and math skills.
- Incoming students may earn credit for prior learning for specific high school health courses.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
Financial Aid Eligibility
This certificate does not qualify for financial aid. To qualify for most federal financial aid, a student must be enrolled in a technical diploma or associate degree program. Questions? Contact your program advisor.
The cost of your certificate depends on the number of total credits. Learn more about tuition and fees.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How to Get Started
- Prospective certificate students do not need to complete an application for admission to WCTC.
- First semester students may register during Open Registration for General Public.
- Prerequisite and program restrictions may apply.
- After the start of their first class, students must declare their intent to complete a certificate.
- Certificate students are eligible to receive priority registration for their second semester.
High School Dual Credits
Dual enrollment offers high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to get a head start in high-demand fields through earning college credits. Learn about the credit options.