60-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Code 10-109-2
Those in the hospitality industry know the importance of a warm, welcoming reception and the friendly treatment of guests. The vast industry encompasses management careers in full-service resorts, fine-dining restaurants, cruise ships and more. Develop skills in supervision, budgeting, marketing and purchasing as related to the hospitality industry, including food service, lodging and tourism.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in two years.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Hospitality and Culinary students gain valuable experience at WCTC’s training restaurant, The Classic Room and The Classic Bistro.
- International study tour opportunities and internships are available. In the past, students have traveled to Italy, France, England and Germany.
- Internship experiences provide technical, hands-on learning in real-world settings.
- The Hospitality and Culinary Club promotes professionalism among members, develops and uses resources and talents to increase members’ knowledge of the hospitality/culinary industry, and improves human relations through club and industry interaction.
- Students who have already completed a Baking and Pastry Management or Culinary Management degree can complete this program in just one additional year. Learn more about this dual degree option.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2019 Start
- Submit application by August 5, 2019
- Complete checklist items by August 12, 2019
Spring 2020 Start
- Submit application by January 6, 2020
- Complete checklist items by January 13, 2020
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$31,000 – $52,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
If you are a people pleaser, consider a career in hospitality management as customer satisfaction is central to the this industry. Hospitality workers have strong communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills; are dedicated to going the extra mile; and are organized, team players.
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Events Coordinator
- Dining Room Manager
- Guest Services Supervisor
- Reservation Manager