11-credit Technical Certificate
Program Code 40-316-CA
Develop the skills needed to join the booming baking and pastry industry. Explore basic baking principles, scientific concepts and techniques in cake design, artisan-style breads and rolls, pastries and confections including chocolates, candies and truffles. Learn about basic personal nutrition concepts and how to safely handle food and equipment.
How Long It Will Take
Students can complete this program in two semesters.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Hospitality and Culinary students gain valuable hands-on experience at WCTC’s training restaurant, The Classic Room.
- Some credits earned in Baking/Pastry may be applied toward degree and diploma programs within WCTC’s School of Business.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may also have the opportunity to obtain credit for prior learning.
Financial Aid Eligibility
This certificate does not qualify for financial aid. To qualify for most federal financial aid, a student must be enrolled in a technical diploma or associate degree program. Questions? Contact your program advisor.
The cost of your certificate depends on the number of total credits. Learn more about tuition and fees.
How to Get Started
- Prospective certificate students do not need to complete an application for admission to WCTC.
- First semester students may register during Open Registration for General Public.
- Prerequisite and program restrictions may apply.
- After the start of their first class, students must declare their intent to complete a certificate.
- Certificate students are eligible to receive priority registration for their second semester.
High School Dual Credits
Dual enrollment offers high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to get a head start in high-demand fields through earning college credits. Learn about the credit options.