67-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Code 10-541-1
Working under the direction of the anesthesia provider, the anesthesia technologist is a vital member of the anesthesia care team. Learn to anticipate the needs of the patient and the anesthesia provider, apply aseptic techniques in preparing and handling instruments and supplies for surgical procedures, operate patient-care equipment and monitor patient vital signs and hemodynamics.
This is a Partnership Program
Waukesha County Technical College has a partnership agreement with Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) to offer the Anesthesia Technology program. Through the partnership agreement, the “host” college (MATC) offers the program, but saves slots for students from WCTC and other cooperating colleges.
How Long It Will Take
Students can complete the seven courses offered at WCTC in two semesters. Then, students continue coursework at MATC.
You can begin this program in the fall semester.
How This Program Is Offered
WCTC’s courses are offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting. Some hybrid/online courses are available.
What Makes This Program Unique
- This partnership allows for Waukesha County area students to gain access to the Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) Anesthesia Technology program.
- Take core courses close to home, then complete your degree at our partner college.
- Upon graduating, be prepared to take the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists & Technicians (ASATT) National Certification Examination to become certified as an Anesthesia Technologist (Cer.A.T.T.).
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
Deadlines to Know*
Fall 2021 Start
- Submit application by August 2, 2021
- Complete checklist items by August 9, 2021
Spring 2021 Start
- This program cannot be started in spring.
Summer 2021 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Steps to Complete the Anesthesia Technology Program
Complete the required admissions steps:
- Submit a paper application by fax to 262.691.5123, email or in person at the Admissions Office.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment (Reading and Writing).
Please note: This program is only available to WCTC district residents.
WCTC students who enroll in a partnership program may enroll in general education courses at WCTC, then all credits transfer to Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) to complete program courses.
Complete the HP-A2 HESI Pre-Admission Exam.
In order to begin core courses, you will need to:
- Petition to the Anesthesia Technology program.
- Complete a background check.
After successfully completing these steps and being awarded a seat through the petitioning process, you can begin your core courses at MATC.
Students enrolled in this partnership program will graduate from Milwaukee Area Technical College, not WCTC. Upon graduating, you will be prepared to take the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists & Technicians (ASATT) National Certification Examination to become certified as an Anesthesia Technologist (Cer.A.T.T.).
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
For those applying for financial aid, apply online and use Milwaukee Area Technical College code 003866.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$43,000 – $72,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
If you would like to be part of a surgery team that assists patients prior to operations, a role as an anesthesia technologist may be right for you. Those in this field must be organized, cope well with stress and be able to communicate clearly with other members of the medical team.
- Anesthesia Technician
- Anesthesia Technician Supervisor
- Lead Anesthesia Technician