Prepare For Your Advising Appointment
To make the most of your time with your advisor, we encourage new students to follow this appointment checklist:
- Review your program's webpage for an overview of what you will learn, admissions steps, deadlines, courses, employment information and more.
- Check your application status.
- Find the academic advisor for your program.
- Schedule your appointment ahead of time. Stop into or call the Academic Advising Office to schedule your appointment. Please provide your student ID number, if you have one.
- Create a list of advising questions or concerns.
- Request official college and/or military transcripts be sent to WCTC Admissions.
- View your transfer credits in MyWCTC under "Academic Profile," then "View Transcript."
- Bring your list of advising questions and/or concerns.
- Please provide your student ID number, if you have one.
- Arrive on time for your appointment and check in at the front desk. Please call the Advising Office if you need to cancel, reschedule or will be late (262.691.5400).
- Be prepared to complete our advising intake form so we can learn more about you.
- Take notes during your advising meeting so you don't forget any details.
- Follow up on referrals and research. Reach out to specific contacts provided.
- Be sure to obtain copies of any forms or documents from the meeting.
- Obtain your advisor's contact information.
- Schedule a follow-up meeting with your advisor if needed.