We are grateful to the community leaders who have stepped up to provide governance for the College as part of our District Board. The current WCTC Board is composed of nine members, all of whom are district residents. They include:
- Two employers who have power to employ or discharge
- Two employees who do not have power to employ or discharge
- Three additional members from the community
- One public school administrator from a school system in the district
- One elected official
Board members are selected by an Appointment Committee consisting of the chair of each of the four counties in the district. Board members serve three-year terms.
WCTC Member Vacancies Legal Notice
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - Application process starts at noon.
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - Application process ends at 4 p.m.
View the application and additional information.
Regular meetings of the Board are held on the second Tuesday of each month and, by State Statute, are open to the public. The fourth Tuesday of each month is reserved for special meetings as needed. Periodic meetings are scheduled at other times, if necessary, to conduct business on timely issues. Board members receive no compensation for their services, but are reimbursed for actual and necessary expenses in the performance of their duties.
- Alan A. Karch, Board Chairperson
Karch is the manufacturing plant manager for Bruno Independent Living Aids. He lives in Delafield and was appointed to the Board in January 2013.
- David L. Lancaster, Vice Chairperson
Lancaster is the executive vice president of employee benefits at R&R Insurance Services. He lives in Delafield and was appointed to the Board in July 2016.
- Courtney R. Bauer, Secretary/Treasurer
Bauer is a special agent/deputy state fire marshal with the Wisconsin Department of Justice – Division of Criminal Investigation. She lives in the Town of Lisbon and was appointed to the Board in July 2016.
- Brian K. Baumgartner
Baumgartner is the Business Representative Glaziers Local 1204/941 of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades District Council 7 (IUPAT DC7), lives in the Town of Lisbon, and was appointed to the Board in September 2018.
- Joe E. Garza
- Garza is the superintendent of the School District of New Berlin, lives in New Berlin and was appointed to the Board in July 2018.
- Julie C. Valadez
Valadez is president and CEO of the Hispanic Collaborative Network. She lives in Waukesha and was appointed to the Board in July 2019.
- Michael M. Wiebe
Wiebe is the chief operating officer and head of international operations and services, North America, at Krones, Inc. in Franklin, Wisconsin. He lives in New Berlin and was appointed to the Board in July 2017.
- Mary S. Wehrheim
Wehrheim is the retired president and former owner/consultant of Stanek Tool Corp. She lives in Pewaukee and was appointed to the Board in July 2008.