Facts About WCTC
Waukesha County Technical College is one of 16 member colleges of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). The century-old WTCS is the major provider of customized training and technical assistance to Wisconsin’s business and industry community. State technical colleges award two-year associate degrees, one- and two-year technical diplomas, short-term certificates and customized training.
- 21,302 annual enrollment
- 9,527 enrolled in associate of applied science degree courses
- 1,981 enrolled in technical diploma courses
- 440 enrolled in apprentice-related training
- 3,972 full-time equivalency (FTE) of college enrollment
- 2,098 enrolled in personal enrichment courses
- 3,394 high school students took WCTC courses through partnership agreements
- 7,826 Adults enrolled in continuing education (includes Corporate Training Center)
* Students may be enrolled in more than one of these areas.
- 49% Males
- 51% Females
- 20% Ethnic Minorities
- 25 Median age
- WCTC awarded 2,136 Associate of Applied Science and Technical Diplomas in 2016-17.
- 2016-17 graduates completed programs as follows:
- 672 Associate of Applied Science
- 1,464 Technical Diplomas
- 97% of WCTC graduates were 'satisfied' or 'very satisfied' with their education.
- 94% of graduates in the job market were employed six months after graduation.
- 26% of 2016-17 graduates were continuing in school.
- The median salary of 2016-17 graduates working in their fields was $42,088.
- 97% of employed WCTC graduates work in Wisconsin: 88% in the Milwaukee/Waukesha Metropolitan statistical area.
**Based on respondent information provided in the Graduate Follow-up Report .
Student Success Statistics
Postsecondary institutions are require to provide prospective students with indicators of prior student success. WCTC’s “Graduation Rate” as defined by the Department of Education is a four-year average rate of first-time, full-time degree seeking students completing a program within 150% of expected time to degree. For example, an Associate Degree program is generally considered a two-year program, thus students completing an Associate Degree within three years are counted toward the graduation rate. For 2018, WCTC’s graduation rate is 38% and the Student Right to Know Graduation Rate (the average of the last four years’ graduation rates) is 33%.
Some first-time full-time students will opt to transfer to another institution prior to completing a degree. This is known as WCTC’s transfer-out rate. As of 2018, WCTC’s Student Right-to-know transfer-out rate was 10%.
Student Success Statistics contact information: Viktor Brenner, Institutional Research Coordinator, 262.691.5577