Student Employment Services
Helping Students and Employers Make Connections
Student Employment Services provides employment assistance to students and graduates of WCTC and the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). Wisconsin TechConnect is a valuable resource for students looking to find jobs and employers looking to hire candidates.
Wisconsin TechConnect for Students:
- A searchable employment database of part- and full-time jobs submitted by employers who have an interest in hiring a WCTC or WTCS student or graduate.
- Employer recruitments and job fairs.
- Register to use Wisconsin TechConnect Online
- Go to Wisconsin TechConnect Online once you are registered
- Visit WCTC Resume Bank: Simply log into your Wisconsin TechConnect account to upload your resume. Note: You must be enrolled in or graduated from a diploma or associate degree program AND registered in Wisconsin TechConnect in order to upload your resume.
Wisconsin TechConnect for Employers:
Wisconsin TechConnect is a collaboration of Wisconsin's 16 technical colleges. Register and place your job opening(s) to recruit graduates and students from the 16 Wisconsin Technical Colleges free, fast and statewide - right from your computer.
WCTC On-Campus Recruitments
- Require a 2-week advance notice for scheduling.
- The job(s) that you are recruiting for must be an active posting on Wisconsin TechConnect.
- Recruitments are held in the HUB cafeteria between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Employers may bring table drape, job applications, or other items representing their company to the recruitment.
- Notification of your recruitment is posted on job boards, electronic bulletin board, emailed to staff/instructors, and on the Student Portal announcement system.
- Employers are required to stay at their table and allow students to approach them.
- Selling of items/product on campus is prohibited.
Co-op experiences and internships allow students to learn by doing. They gain hands-on, practical work experience - while getting paid - in their areas of study and, at the same time, earn (up to six) college credits.
Co-op/internship experiences benefit both students and the employers.
The experience allows students to:
- Become immersed in real-world job settings.
- Combine supervised part-time work with classroom instruction.
- Acquire job-related skills and experience in a chosen field.
- Secure future job references.
Employers benefit by:
- Making connections and developing partnerships with WCTC.
- Being able to screen potential new hires.
- Contributing to developing a skilled workforce.
- Sharing expertise and knowledge with students as it applies to specific industries.
Several area companies have benefited by mentoring WCTC interns and co-op students.
Facts about the Co-op/Internship program:
- A credit class is open to all associate degree program students.
- Work experience must include 144 hours per semester.
- Co-op/internships are offered all three semesters - fall, spring and summer.
Co-op/internship eligibility requirements - students must:
- Be in third or fourth semester of study.
- Possess at least a 2.0 GPA. (some programs require a higher GPA)
- Be approved by the Co-op/Internship office.
- A student's current job may be used as a co-op/internship experience but duties may need to be expanded upon.
To enroll in a Co-op/Internship program:
- Contact a Co-op representative (see list below) to begin the process.
- Fill out an application, complete the form and email it to the appropriate co-op representative for your WCTC program. A completed form may also be printed and given to the co-op representative.
Contact the Co-op office to schedule your appointment with one of the Co-op Assistants.
Kim Houk - 262.695.7807
- Business Management
- Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Global Business Management
- Graphic Design
- Print & Digital Media (Printing and Publishing)
- Real Estate
- Management Development
- Web & Digital Media Design
Jill Papke - 262.695.7809
- Administrative Professional (Assistant)
- Computer Hardware Technician
- IT Computer Support Specialist
- IT Network Specialist
- IT Web & Software Developer
- Programmer Analyst/Web Development
Mary Turner - 262.695.7806
- Architectural Drafting/Construction Technology
- Automation Systems Technology
- Culinary Management
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Mechanical Design Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology