Associate of Applied Science Degree
In today's increasingly interconnected world, conducting business with a company overseas can be as easy as doing business with a company down the street. And as the international marketplace continues to expand, so do opportunities for diversity and growth. In the Global Business program, gain skills relevant to importing and exporting products and services; develop skills needed for global marketing, logistics and finance; learn to identify regulations and understand documents that facilitate the global supply chain; and explore the potential for global expansion through e-commerce and emerging technologies.
- Prepare for jobs such as international logistics coordinator, international customer service representative, international trade specialist, import coordinator or export documentation specialist.
- Incoming students may earn credit for prior learning for specific high school business courses.
- Take advantage of WCTC's award-winning Global Education and Trade Center.
- Program-to-program transfer opportunities are available in International Business at Alverno College. Select program credits may transfer to other institutions.
- As a complement to the Global Business program, several short-term certificates are available within the School of Business.
- Wages of recent graduates per Graduate Follow-up Report
- Salary Range: $40,000-$42,000
- Average Salary: $42,000
- Median Salary: $42,000
- Average Entry-Level Salary: N/A
- Average Hourly Wage: $20.21
- Three-year Avg. Salary for Full-time Related Employment: $37,789
* (Prerequisites or substitutes may apply to this class.)
View course descriptions of all required courses
View course descriptions of all required courses
Credit Transfer Opportunities
WCTC has agreements with local high schools and various four-year colleges and universities that enable students to transition more seamlessly from high school to WCTC to four-year colleges. Transcripted credit agreements provide high school students the opportunity to take WCTC courses at their high schools. Agreements with four-year colleges enable WCTC graduates in selected programs to transfer credits, often at junior-level standing. Agreements currently in place for this program are listed below.
High School Transfer Opportunities
WCTC Credits Awarded
Four Year College Transfer Opportunities
|Alverno College||International Business||68|
|Bellevue University||Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Science||up to 68|
|Capella University||Bachelor of Science in Business, Business Administration||up to 90|
|Cardinal Stritch||Bachelor of Science in Management, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Strategic Management Information Systems, Bachelor of Science in Human Services Management||68|
|Concordia University||Baccalaureate Degree||up to 80|
|Franklin University||Bachelor of Science (various)||Junior Standing|
|Herzing University||Bachelor of Science in Business Administration||up to 58|
|Marquette University-College of Professional Studies||Bachelor of Science in Leadership and Organizations||up to 60|
|MSOE||Bachelor of Science in Management||junior status|
|Ottawa University||Bachelor of Arts||up to 80|
|Ottawa University||Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Bachelor of Arts in Management||up to 80|
|Silver Lake College||Bachelor of Science (various)||minimum of 60|
|U of Phoenix||Bachelor of Science (various)||varies|
|Upper Iowa University||Bachelor of Science||up to 78|
|UW-Green Bay||Bachelor of Applied Studies Online||Junior Status|
|UW-Platteville||Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Accounting||up to 17|
|UW-Stout||Bachelor of Science in Management||up to 68|
|UW-Stout||B. S. Career, Technical Education & Training||up to 60|
|Wisconsin Lutheran College||Bachelor of Science in Business Management & Leadership||65|
UW-System Credit Transfer
If you are interested in attending a UW-campus, you should contact a transfer representative at the campus you plan to attend. You may also check credit transfer agreements between WCTC and the UW System to tell you which specific courses and general education classes may be accepted.
Important Cautionary Note:
This information is intended as a general description. Please verify the availability and details of the program that interests you with the transfer coordinator at the receiving institution.
Meet your Instructor
- BS, Spanish, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- MS, International Business, University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
- Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP)
"As an instructor, my goal is to use an application-based classroom as a vehicle through which we develop a greater understanding and appreciation of the global economy and how it impacts the U.S. business environment and our own lives."