Associate of Applied Science Degree
It takes a talented and dedicated workforce to move a company forward, but it takes a driven, motivated leader to guide a team to meet organizational goals. Those in business management roles set objectives, delegate tasks and manage personnel while providing solid leadership to ensure success. In the Business Management program, acquire a broad business background to enhance the ability to make sound decisions. Learn how to effectively plan, organize, direct and evaluate business functions essential for a business to run productively and efficiently.
- Prepare for jobs such as assistant manager, production specialist, account coordinator, business development specialist or personal banker.
- Incoming students may earn credit for prior learning for specific high school business courses.
- Students can focus on general Business Management or select an emphasis in Banking and Financial Services.
- Program-to-program transfer opportunities are available at Milwaukee School of Engineering and the University of Wisconsin – Stout. Select program credits may transfer to other institutions.
- Additional specialized certificates in Entrepreneurship and Global Business Management can be completed and serve as a complement to the Business Management degree program.
- Wages of recent graduates per Graduate Follow-up Report
- Salary Range: $28,000-$50,000
- Average Salary: $35,333
- Median Salary: $28,058
- Average Entry-Level Salary: $38,970
- Average Hourly Wage: $17.00
- Three-year Average Salary: $33,610
* (Prerequisites or substitutes may apply to this class.)
View course descriptions of all required courses
View course descriptions of all required courses
Credit Transfer Opportunities
WCTC has agreements with local high schools and various four-year colleges and universities that enable students to transition more seamlessly from high school to WCTC to four-year colleges. Transcripted credit agreements provide high school students the opportunity to take WCTC courses at their high schools. Agreements with four-year colleges enable WCTC graduates in selected programs to transfer credits, often at junior-level standing. Agreements currently in place for this program are listed below.
High School Transfer Opportunities
WCTC Credits Awarded
Four Year College Transfer Opportunities
|Alverno College||BA in Business Management||up to 70|
|Bellevue University||Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Science||up to 68|
|Capella University||Bachelor of Science in Business, Business Administration||up to 90|
|Capella University||Bachelor of Science in Business Health Care Management||up to 90|
|Capella University||Bachelor of Science in Business (all specializations except Business Administration and Health Care Management)||up to 88|
|Cardinal Stritch||Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Bachelor of Scienc in Management, Bachelor of Science in Strategic Management of Information Systems, Bachelor of Science in Public Safety Management, Bachelor of Science in Human Service Management||68|
|Concordia University||Baccalaureate Degree||up to 80|
|Concordia University||Bachelor of Arts, Business Management||67|
|Franklin University||Bachelor of Science (various)||Junior Standing|
|Herzing University||Bachelor of Science in Business Administration||up to 58|
|Kaplan University||Bachelor of Science in Business Administration||Junior Standing|
|Marquette University-College of Professional Studies||Bachelor of Science in Leadership and Organizations||up to 58|
|MSOE||Bachelor of Science in Management||junior status|
|Ottawa University||Bachelor of Arts||up to 80|
|Ottawa University||Bachelor of Arts with a major in Business Administration, Human Resources or in Management||up to 80 credits|
|Rasmussen College||Bachelor Degree in Business Management||69|
|Rasmussen College||Bachelor Degree in Healthcare Management||Minimum of 56|
|Silver Lake College||Bachelor of Science (various)||minimum of 60|
|U of Phoenix||Bachelor of Science (various)||varies|
|Upper Iowa University||Bachelor of Science||up to 78|
|UW-Green Bay||Bachelor of Applied Studies Online||Junior Status|
|UW-Oshkosh||Bachelor of Applied Studies in Leadership & Organizational Studies||59|
|UW-Stout||Bachelor of Science in Management||up to 65|
|UW-Stout||B.S. Career, Technical Education & Training||up to 60|
|Waldorf College||BS in Business Administration||Junior Standing|
|Wisconsin Lutheran College||Bachelor of Science in Business Management & Leadership||65|
UW-System Credit Transfer
If you are interested in attending a UW-campus, you should contact a transfer representative at the campus you plan to attend. You may also check credit transfer agreements between WCTC and the UW System to tell you which specific courses and general education classes may be accepted.
Important Cautionary Note:
This information is intended as a general description. Please verify the availability and details of the program that interests you with the transfer coordinator at the receiving institution.
Meet your Instructor
- BBA, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- MS, University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
"My teaching philosophy is based on the fact that I think learning should be fun, interactive and collaborative, and connected to real-life applications in the business world."
- BBA, Industrial Relations, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- MS, Human Resources, Marquette University (to be complete August 2014)
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
"I love working with students of all ages who have chosen to invest in themselves. I hope to spark enthusiasm for learning and help prepare them for happy and successful careers."
- BA, Finance, University of Wisconsin -Whitewater
- MS, Accounting, University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
"Education is life changing when you connect, challenge and inspire students."