Technology and Learner Skills
- Blended courses have required assignments that are due on scheduled deadlines. Completing assignments is critical to course success.
- Students must be proficient in using basic computer tools (web browsing, keyboarding, word processing, file management and email communications.
- Students must frequently check their WCTC provided email account and read all email prior to the start of the class and during the course delivery.
- WCTC provides Service Desk support for college provided software and students must be comfortable in reaching out for support.
- Blended courses require a higher motivation level and self-discipline to prepare in advance for each classroom meeting and to keep up with the outside of classroom online homework.
- Good reading and writing skills are vitally important for success in Blended courses. Many of the course activities will rely on these skills.
- Students must be proactive and take responsibility for contacting their instructor early on if they are having any difficulties in the course.