WCTC's Community Benefit
Waukesha County Technical College graduates are all around you and have an impact on the quality of your life. They are the fabric of Waukesha County - in fact, 89 percent of our graduates stay and work in the Milwaukee and Waukesha area.
WCTC, along with the 15 other technical colleges that make up the Wisconsin Technical College System, provides immediate payback for taxpayers. Consider these statistics:
- Wisconsin taxpayers receive $12.20 in benefits for every dollar invested in technical colleges.
- At least 54 percent of Wisconsin's jobs in the next decade require technical education.
- Nearly 19,000 students carried some college credit with them from high school to a technical college.
- Wisconsin technical colleges served 81 percent more dislocated and unemployed workers over the last decade (22,000 to 40,000).
Immediate Results for Employers
At WCTC, more than 750 area business and industry representatives serve on advisory committees help ensure graduates have the skills employers need for success.
- 93 percent of employers are satisfied or very satisfied with the education and training and would hire technical college graduates again
- 96 percent of employers say their local technical college is important to the overall success of their business
- More than 98 percent of companies say Wisconsin Technical Colleges' customized training meets or exceeds expectations
Immediate Success for Graduates
- 9 out of every 10 graduates are employed within six months of graduation, even in a tough economy
- For every dollar students invest in their technical college education, nearly $5 ($4.90) is returned as higher future income over their careers
- Median salaries for associate degree grads are $36,000 right out of college