Complete your degree in one night a week!
Blended Options is a great fit for adults with some college, yet no degree, who are looking to maintain a work schedule while attending school in the evening.
Blended Options programs are organized into short, manageable segments (for example, one course every six to eight weeks) to accommodate students' work and family schedules. Additionally, core courses are guaranteed to be available on the same night per week for the duration of a student’s program, thus ensuring a consistent schedule. General education coursework may need to be completed outside of the set program schedule.
Select programs that can be taken through the Blended Options format:
- Early Childhood Education
- Foundations of Teacher Education
- Global Business
- Health Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Human Resource Professional
- Human Services Associate
- IT - Network Security Specialist
- Import/Export Specialist
- Leadership Development
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Organizational Leadership
- Quality Management
- Real Estate
This format offers technology-proficient students who have prior academic and work experience the chance to earn an Associate of Applied Science degree in two years or less. These programs are designed for those who have a high career commitment, have a high level of self-motivation and strong time management skills, and who have had previous academic success while in school, but did not earn a degree.
Blended Options is fast-paced and rigorous; because in-class time is compressed, students will have significant work to complete outside the classroom using a variety of learning technologies.
Benefits of Blended Options programs:
- Accelerated core courses meet one evening per week
- Consistent scheduling
- Variety of learning technologies complement in-class learning
- Opportunity to obtain credit for prior learning
- Able to earn industry-recognized certificates while working toward a degree
- Accredited and transferable credits makes moving on toward a bachelor’s degree easier
Students must have easy access to the following computer hardware and software tools:
- Basic computer skills required; additional training on learning technologies provided in the Blended Options Seminar course.
- A PC or Mac computer that is 3 years old or newer with at least 1GB RAM, a monitor and sound capability.
- Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 or Mac OS 10.2 or newer.
- High speed (broadband cable or DSL) Internet service.
- Firefox 3.0 or higher is highly recommended for viewing all online courses in Blackboard. Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Safari 1.0 or higher may be used but users may experience browser related errors.
- MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) and Windows Media player or equivalent Mac media player.
- Blended courses may use a variety of other players and plug-ins that students may be required to install.