New Student Orientation
Congratulations and welcome to Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC)!
You are now a member of the WCTC family. Your next step in the journey is to attend our New Student Orientation (NSO). We’re excited to have you join our diverse, academically challenging and student-centered campus community. We understand that transitioning to college is a new experience; our hope is this event will address concerns and answer questions you may have.
About New Student Orientation:
New Student Orientation is required for ALL newly admitted program students (new, transferring and returning). Students will not be able to register for classes until they attend an orientation. A list of exempted programs can be found to the right of the page.
The New Student Orientation is 4.5 to 5 hours long. Students must stay for the entire orientation for the registration hold to be released.
- Lunch or dinner will be served.
- Students may bring one guest.
- Young children and infants should not be brought to orientation.
At New Student Orientation, students will learn about:
- Campus resources.
- Classroom expectations.
- Advising and registration.
- Setting educational and career goals.
- Financial aid and paying for college.
- Program Session (meeting with key faculty).
To register for New Student Orientation:
The registration process for NSO will take 15 minutes; be sure to allow enough time.
- Click the "next step" link below.
- To register please enter your WCTC username and password (default password is your student ID, unless you have logged in and changed it). If you are having difficulty logging in, please contact the Service Desk at 262-691-5555.
- Upload your picture with our myPhoto app (you may bypass this step, but will be required to take a picture the day of orientation).
- Select your program area, choose the date you wish to attend.
Please contact the Student Life office at 262.691.5302 for more information or if you require special accommodations for this session.