Advising and Counseling Services
Academic advisors are charged with helping prospective, new, current and transfer students successfully meet their academic goals.
Academic advisors help students:
- Explore and understand programs.
- Make course selections.
- Set up degree plans.
- Understand college policies and procedures.
- Track progress towards graduation.
- Connect with campus resources.
As partners in the educational process, WCTC counselors focus on the intellectual, cultural, psychological and social dimensions of student life.
Counselors work with students to:
- Receive individual counseling.
- Develop critical life skills.
- Identify and resolve personal and academic barriers.
- Determine and accomplish personal goals.
- Gain insight into themselves and others.
- Learn coping skills with issues affecting students' education.