Facts About WCTC
Waukesha County Technical College is one of 16 member colleges of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). The century-old WTCS is the major provider of customized training and technical assistance to Wisconsin’s business and industry community. State technical colleges award two-year associate degrees, one- and two-year technical diplomas, short-term certificates and customized training.
- 23,432 total enrollment
- 8,359* enrolled in associate of applied science degree courses
- 2,204* enrolled in technical diploma courses
- 267* enrolled in apprentice-related training
- 11,266* enrolled in personal improvement courses
- 4,976 high school students took WCTC courses through partnership agreements
- 4,575 full-time equivalency of college enrollment
* Students may be enrolled in more than one of these areas.
- 49% Males
- 51% Females
- 22% Ethnic Minorities
- 26 Median age
- WCTC awarded 1,810 Associate of Applied Science and Technical Diplomas in 2012-13.
- 2012-13 graduates completed programs as follows:
725 Associate of Applied Science
1,061 Technical Diplomas
- 96% of WCTC graduates were 'satisfied' or 'very satisfied' with their education.
- 91% of graduates in the job market were employed six months after graduation.
- 21% of 2012-13 graduates were continuing in school.
- The median salary of 2012-13 graduates working in their fields was $36,450.
- 97% of employed WCTC graduates work in Wisconsin: 90% in the Milwaukee/Waukesha Metropolitan statistical area.
**Based on respondent information provided in the Graduate Follow-up Report.